Friday, February 1, 2013

Yummiest Hot Cocoa EVER!!!

I'm kind of crazy about hot chocolate, so I find many excuses to drink it, even during our not-so-cold Houston winters. This one is absolutely delicious! It's rich and creamy without being overly sweet. I've also seen it with baking chocolate used instead of cocoa, but since cocoa is a bit less expensive and I have it more readily available, this one is my preference.

And by the way, YES that is a mug from Brick Oven Pizza in Provo. Consider it a merging of my Utah roots and Texas living. :)


Recipe found here.

1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
6 1/2 cups hot water (start with 5 and then add according to taste)

In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Hot chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...