Saturday, February 2, 2013

Whole Wheat Applesauce Blender Pancakes

I love these pancakes! When Grandma and Grandpa were on their mission here, I visited them once and Grandma gave me this recipe. The original recipe actually uses melted butter instead of applesauce, but I prefer using applesauce. It makes the pancakes more dense and gives them a terrific flavor. But they do tend to be pretty flat, so if you prefer fluffy pancakes, I would stick with using butter.

These also freeze well, so I like making a huge batch and sticking them in the freezer for quick breakfasts.



1 c. milk
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 c. applesauce


Blend milk and flour for 2 minutes (this softens the wheat and breaks it down). Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Cook on a griddle at 300 degrees.


P.S. I don't really know why I've been on such a posting spree lately, but you can expect it to continue for at least a while longer--I've got lots more recipes in the works! :)

1 comment:

  1. I've had Grandma's whole wheat pancakes before. They are delicious. I think ill make this this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...