Thursday, February 7, 2013

Creamy Avocado Pasta

Right after Wesley's first birthday something reversed and he went from being a bottomless pit for just about any food to being even more picky than Talmage was! But this pasta is a dish that both of my kids gobble up, believe it or not. It is a stand-by for a super quick, nutritious meal. The avocado makes a wonderfully creamy sauce without the addition of cream or butter. We love it!


Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

1 12 oz box pasta (I use whole wheat)
3 avocados, pitted and peel removed
3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or to taste)
freshley ground black pepper, to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and grind until smooth. Toss sauce with pasta and serve warm.

4 comments:

  1. Now if only I lived where you do, I could make all these yummy recipes with mango and avocado. Thanks for all the posts - I'm loving trying a bunch of new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Now if only you lived where I do PERIOD! Need some convincing? How about avocados and mangoes 4/$1? Or the fact that Talmage played outside with his rocket launcher this morning wearing shorts? Cheap gas? An hour from the beach? Um...fun things to do in Downtown Houston? Top-ranked hospitals? Come on down!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4/$1????!!!!! JEALOUS. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for a St. Patrick's Day neighborhood picnic. Everyone raved about it, though I did think this amount of salt was a bit much for my taste - I'd probable go with half what's called for here. Still, a great green dish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...