Monday, February 4, 2013

Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning

I don't know about you, but I think having ranch/sour cream dip makes raw vegetable eating about 100 times more manageable. But every time I hand over the nearly $3 for a packet of approximately 1 Tbsp. of seasoning, I feel a little bit irritated. One day a friend gave me a can of powdered buttermilk she said she wouldn't use. I found this recipe online and found it to be quite similar to the packaged seasoning. I mix up a batch of this and keep it in the fridge to use as needed. 1 Tbsp.=1 pkg. of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning, so if I'm doing single servings I just mix 1/2 tsp. or so into some sour cream.



Original recipe from food.com

1/2 c. dry buttermilk
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

Comebine ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until seasonings are crushed and combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...