Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spinach Blackberry Salad

 My friend made this salad for a bridal shower that I hosted (it was actually the bride--I made her bring a salad to her own bridal shower!) and I LOVED it. It's sweet and tangy and crunchy, and the feta cheese mellows everything out. This is a great summer salad but we thought it was wonderful in snowy February.


Ingredients:

Spinach
Arugula
Grapefruit chunks
Blackberries
Feta Cheese
Mint Leaves (optional)

Make sure the grapefruit and blackberries are in bite-sized chunks and mix it all together. 


Two hints: I made it once with arugula and spinach but no mint, and once with mint and spinach but no arugula. I personally thought the mint was a little too strong in the salad (I only put a few in, torn into pieces) but my friends didn't notice it. The arugula was a great addition (as long as the arugula is good), but it is ok with just spinach too if arugula is too expensive (it is for me!).

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight for Dad's birthday dinner (our gift to him - fun for all, and cheaper than a restaurant gift card for us). Huge hit! The flavors blend so nicely, and the arugula is just delightful. Total love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...