Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Zucchini Salad/Salsa with Corn and Cilantro

The other day my friend invited me over for dinner (she made fish tacos--so delicious!) and asked me to bring something with zucchini. I was a little nervous about this dish because the only thing I ever really make with zucchini is zucchini bread, but this was really good. It can be eaten as a salad or as a salsa dip with chips or crackers, and tastes better warm. (I tried it cold a couple of days later and the zucchini was kind of slimy.)


Original recipe here

1 tsp olive oil
3 1/2 cups cubed zucchini (about a pound)
1 cup frozen corn
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Cook zucchini and corn in oil until the zucchini is crisp-tender (it is better a little on the crispy side--otherwise it gets a little soggy). Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...