Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grandma's Grape Salad

Grandma Campbell used to make this salad for family gatherings and I think I'm the only one who has the recipe. It's even more delicious when you don't think about how much cream cheese is in there!



Grapes (one large bunch)
2 cubes cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
Juice from one lime or lemon
Chopped walnuts

Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and lime/lemon juice. Pour mixture over grapes and gently stir together. Stir the walnuts in last.

When I served this at a dinner party everyone raved over it, and someone asked me if it was made with Greek yogurt. Unfortunately, it wasn't that healthy! However, I think it would also be delicious with just one cube of cream cheese and a container of Greek yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you posted this, and that you had the recipe! Quick question--I asked Mom a while back for the recipe and if I remember correctly she thought it used powdered sugar. Is the 1/2 c. sugar just granulated sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I always just use granulated sugar. I'm pretty sure that's what grandma used too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...