Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sweet Potato Burritos

What? Losaunne cooks? Surprise! And it's not even pasta, my common go-to when I was so terribly forced to make dinners for the family as a child. I chose not to put cheese in these burritos, but I'm sure it would be tasty if you choose to! Feel free to get crazy with the toppings.



Recipe adapted from Allrecipes

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
6 cloves of garlic, minced
3 cans of black beans, roughly mashed
2 cups water
3 tablespoons chili powder
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Cayenne pepper to taste
Cinnamon to taste
Salt
Pepper
5 mashed sweet potatoes
20 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix beans into the onion mixture. Stir in water, and heat until warm. Combine the onion and bean mixture with the sweet potatoes, and mix until evenly distributed. Add the cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Spoon the mixture into tortillas, and fold the tortillas burrito-style. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Umm, this looks amazing! I am on a sweet potato kick right now--I just made sweet potato sausage pizza yesterday. I'll have to make these soon! Nice pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! I love cooking with black beans and sweet potatoes! These look delish. I'll be trying them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, how did you slice avocado so beautifully? And get your tomatoes to stay piled up so straight on the top!? It looks lovely! (And sounds delicious too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And also, do you really make/eat *20* burritos at a time!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezer meals, Chicken Dust. They're all the rage.

      Delete
  5. Joc--years of working in a sandwich shop. And yes. I did. Make them, that is. I thought it would make around 6... Which would have been perfect for dinners for the week. But twenty burritos later, my freezer is full. So now I have dinner for the month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...