Saturday, March 16, 2013

Green Beans with Cashew Honey Sauce

We're on a veggie-eating spree. In the past, when I thought of preparing vegetables as a dish in and of themselves I generally thought of opening a can and heating it on the stove or chopping up veggies and eating them raw. Neither was a particularly appealing prospect to me. And smothering them with cheese seemed a bit counter-productive. So I started searching for delicious, nutritious ways to prepare vegetables. I've found a bunch, so be expecting lots of veggie posts! These beans are terrific!


Recipe from The Sisters Cafe

1 lb fresh green beans (I trim the ends off)
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. coarsely chopped cashews
2 Tbsp. honey

Steam green beans until tender. In a small skillet, saute cashews in butter over low heat for 5 minutes. Add honey and cook 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over beans and toss until coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...