Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette

This was frequently my lunch for a while when strawberries were on sale. I love this salad! Sweet, tart, tangy, and fresh all at once. It's always a hit when I take it places...and you have to love all of those colors! It makes for one pretty salad. :)



Adapted from Our Best Bites

Spinach
Strawberries
Feta cheese
Toasted almond slices or slivers
Cucumbers
Lemon poppyseed vinaigrette (see below)

Layer ingredients in desired fashion and enjoy!


For the vinaigrette, I combine equal parts of rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) and vegetable oil and add in lemon juice to taste (I think I generally use 1/4 c. each of vinegar and oil and almost 1/2 c. lemon juice, because I like a strong lemon flavor) and zest of a lemon. Add in sugar to taste, poppyseeds, and salt, and any other desired spices (I usually throw in some garlic). If you'd like a precise recipe, here is one similar to what I do. I just like mine sweeter and more lemony than that recipe, and I omit the onion. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...