Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spiced Pear Muffins

I adapted this recipe from Taste of Home. I intended to make applesauce muffins, but when I discovered part way through making them that I was nearly out of applesauce, I made up the difference with mashed up bottled pears. The result was a deliciously moist muffin (or cupcake, if you're Jocilyn) with a fun pear flavor. Here's what the original creator (Linda Williams) had to say about them: "These are such a popular item at the restaurant I own that I had it printed up on a card to share with guests."


1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. applesauce
1 1/2 c. very soft pear puree (canned pears work best)
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in applesauce and pears. Combine flour, baking soda, and spices and stir into creamed mixture. Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpicck comes out clean.

Yield: About 2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...