Monday, November 1, 2010

Apple Pancake Dutch Baby

I found this recipe here the day we got back from Utah last December. I made it that night, and we have loved it ever since!
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
Thinly sliced apples (I use one medium apple)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. milk
3 eggs
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in pie pan and bake until apples are soft (3-5 min.). Beat together flour, milk, and eggs until smooth. Add to pie pan and bake 12-15 minutes.
Tips: You can put the butter in the pie plate and put it in the oven while it's preheating to melt it. Also, I typically double this recipe for Sam and I and bake it in two pie plates. Sam easily eats one and a half (or more) himself.

2 comments:

  1. We made these for breakfast this morning - delicious! I highly recommend them. Like German pancakes, but with this delicious candied apply on top. The only thing I would add is that you should probably melt the butter in the pan, then add the apples, then sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar on top. I put the sugar straight in the melted butter and it kind of made a mess on the bottom of the pan. Just a little tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them! Sorry I didn't specify putting the cinnamon and brown sugar on top. I realized the order I listed the ingredients in the instructions made that confusing. I'll fix it! Thanks for pointing that out. I'm looking forward to your post on whole roasted chickens. I hope you'll mention a good price for them, because I get B/S chicken breast for $1.29/lb, so I'd like to compare. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...