Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

I normally refer to sweet breads as cake. All that oil, sugar, and white flour can make even the most hardened zucchini-hater appreciate a little "zucchini bread." And there's nothing wrong with that. I enjoy a good squishy cake-bread slice sometimes. In fact, I generally prefer that to supposed health food recipes. I like to eat what tastes good, what can I say? But when I found this banana bread recipe on my ward's recipe blog, I knew we had a winner. Just try it and decide for yourself.
(See the original recipe by Charity James here.)
-
Mix well:
2 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
-
Mix then add to dry ingredients
1 1/2 C mashed bananas (don't skimp here; if you don't have quite enough, you can make up the difference with applesauce)
1/4 C plain yogurt
1 egg
1/3 C honey
3 Tbsp oil
-
Beat until smooth. Bake in greased pan at 350 for 50-60 min.
Delicious hot or cold!
-
Substitution tip: If you don't have plain yogurt, you can add a tsp of lemon juice to milk and let it sit for 10 min.

1 comment:

  1. Although I haven't tried this, I already know I love it. Banana bread that's good for you? Def making it into my top recipes.

    Unless I hate it after I try it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...